George Raveling, referred to by many as “Coach”, is Nike’s Director of International Basketball. George is a husband, a father, a friend, and a mentor to many.
George has been inducted into numerous hall of fames, including the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2015 and the College Basketball Hall of Fame in 2013. George has traveled the world, and maintains an insatiable passion about ideas, people, places and things.
At 79 years of age, George has had a multitude of incredible life experiences and counts some of the most successful and brilliant people in the world amongst his closest friends. Through his relationships and experiences, George has learned and continues to learn life lessons that can transform your personal and professional life. He makes it a point to write down the best ideas he sees, thinks, or hears each day- from ideas, to humor, to health and relationships.
Coaching for Success is dedicated to sharing those ideas, which he hopes will help take you from where you are, to where you wish to be.
“We spend more time planning our vacation, than we do planning our lives.”
In This Episode:
- Parents both passing away at a young age and heading to Catholic boarding school
- Surrounding yourself with the right people
- Importance of challenging yourself
- How to get others to believe in themselves
- The meaning of environmental control
- The tension between accepting someone and challenging them to do more
- How the power of storytelling can help people embrace change
- Value of increasing self-awareness
- Having a purpose in which you live your life
- Fueling his “positive reservoir”
- Reinventing yourself every 10 years
- Investing more time in the “why” instead of the “how”
- Taking time to audit your life on a regular basis