Lieutenant Colonel Jannell MacAulay is currently the Commander of the 305th Operations Support Squadron at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in New Jersey. She leads a joint team responsible for supporting rapid global mobility to missions ranging from in-flight refueling to combat operations to humanitarian relief.
MacAulay is a combat veteran with over 2800 flying hours in the C-21, C-130, and KC-10.
Amidst a hectic and chaotic life as an active duty USAF pilot, mother, and with her husband deployed to the Middle East for a year, Jannell found fitness as a resource to balance the demands of her high-stress life.
Focusing on her fitness, both inside and out, helped her balance her life and truly become healthy.
She has a PhD in the field of strategy, specializing in leadership and human performance, is a certified health coach, yoga instructor, mindfulness researcher, and holds a certificate in plant based nutrition.
She is also the founder and President of the 501c3 non-profit organization, Healthy Body Healthy Life, which builds wellness-oriented communities by employing military spouses to provide holistic wellness outreach, partnership, and resources to military families.
“Our breath is always with us and it’s free. Learning how to use that in times of stress is very powerful.”
In This Episode:
- Why she chose to go to the Air Force academy
- Parents instilling from an early age that there were no limits
- Rules based vs. value based thinking
- The moment she reached a burnout point
- Learning to be ok with the imperfect
- Her constant battle with finding balance in her life
- Why teamwork and self-love are imperative for her
- What defines strong leadership
- Being motivated by seeing others do well
- How she defines success